Installing SIP TAPI driver on Windows
Some Windows applications (ie Outlook, CRMs) have a click-to-dial feature. Click on a contact’s phone number in Outlook and magically your phone starts ringing. When you pick up your phone, the phone automatically starts ringing the contact’s phone number you clicked on. With SIPTAPI, the click-to-dial feature can work on your Cloud Phone System. Basically, SIPTAPI is a TAPI driver used to bridge between TAPI enabled Windows applications and the Cloud phone system. (like a print driver is used to use a printer)
*Contact us to make sure this feature is enabled on your phone system.
On 32bit Windows
- Copy siptapi.tsp from 32bit folder into your Windows system32 directory (usually C:\Windows\System32)
On 64bit Windows
- Copy siptapi.tsp from 64bit folder into your Windows system32 directory (usually C:\Windows\System32). This gives you full TAPI support with 64 and 32bit TAPI applications. — If you want to configure SIPTAPI not only from the telephony control panel and from 64bit applications, but also from 32bit applications, copy the 32bit siptapi.tsp from 32bit folder into your WoW64 directory (usually C:\Windows\SysWow64)
- Go to Control Panel and select Phone and Modem
- Click on the Advanced tab
- Select SIPTAPI and click Configure
- Enter SIP Domain & User Information
- Click OK and your done!
instructions taken mostly from siptapi install.txt