Tweet Tips for Businesses
Business Tweet Tips:
- Twitter is your FREE bulletin board, so tweet about your upcoming or ongoing sale.
- Instead of making coupons, offer discounts to Twitter users using a code! Technology is great!
- Are you moving to a new location? Let your followers know when and where!
- Share pictures of staff, the employee of the month, the new manager, etc., people love to see what’s happening in your place of business.
- By sharing special news about your employee’s, it lifts moral in your company and because they’ll retweet (share) what you’ve said, you’ll get FREE publicity!
- Retweet and participate in conversations with others. This is the Relationship Era. Getting to know your customers and potential customers is essential and well worth your time.
- Try making all your tweets informative, useful, or funny.
- Add hashtags to your tweets. For example, if your tweet is about computers, consider adding #computer in the tweet.
- Tweet often, but refrain from mundane tweets. (Ex. what kind of cereal you had this morning.)
- Try making your valuable tweets during the times people will most likely see them.
*Visit the Twitter Glossary to help you understand the Twitter lingo. Example: @reply, Follower, Hashtag, Retweet (RT), Trending Topics, and Tweet.