Tweet Tips for Churches
Whether you’ve recently joined Twitter, anticipate joining Twitter or have been a Twitter user, this blog will help your church become more engaged with the world around you. So after you’ve completed your profile, sharing as much useful information about your organization as possible, what do you begin tweeting? Let’s begin!
- Twitter is your FREE bulletin board to the world, so share announcements such as special events, etc.
- Are you moving to a new location, engaged in a building project or have recently finished a special project? Let the world know.
- Share pictures taken at special events.
- Retweet and participate in conversations with others.
- Try making all your tweets informative, useful, or funny. However refrain from mundane tweets about what you had for breakfast, etc.
- Tweet often. No one will follow you on Twitter if you’re only posting once a month, if that much.
- Add hashtags to your tweets. For example, if your tweet is about youth ministry, consider adding #youth in the tweet.
- Share scriptures and links to inspiring devotions you’ve read.
- Try making your valuable tweets during the times people will most likely see them.
- Follow others on Twitter.
- Retweet other tweets you find useful, inspiring and helpful
- Tweet to let others know when your website has been updated, linking them to your website.
- Tweet Reminders! Attach your church bulletin.
- Share hymns and songs
- Share church media (Ex. Sermons)
The sky is the limit with all you can do in social media! So take a few moments to learn or refresh your memory in the Twitter lingo by visiting the Twitter Glossary and start tweeting!